What is Node.js?
Here are some facts:
- Node.js is an open-source source atmosphere
- Node.js is free
- Node.js runs on different platforms (Mac, Windows, Linux)
- 3.5 million+ developers work with Node.js
- 80% of developers have 3+ years of experience in Node.js
- 500k downloads daily on an average
What is Node.js commonly used for?
- Static file server
- Scripting & Automation
- Web Application framework
- Complex SPA’s (Single page apps)
- Real-time Chat apps
- Data Streaming apps
- Embedded systems
- Command-line apps
- Browser games Hardware programming
After its initial release in the year 2009, Node.JS has had its share of highs and lows. But, the developer’s community has striven to make it what it is now, one of the best web, app, and cross-platform development environment.
Now, let’s check the reasons why it’s high time to invest in Node.js for web app development:
- Increased Productivity and Efficiency: Node.js is one of the fastest programming platforms available. When compared to Java, it requires fewer lines of code. Its fast I/O performance allows users to use the framework for static file serving, essential routing operations, and middleware messaging. With Node.js, enterprises can merge the frontend and backend teams into a single team and enhance the efficiency of your web app development processes.
- Easy Scalability: Using Node.js for web app development is one of the best options for large organizations as it’s fast and scalable. As it runs on the V8 engine it is very fast in terms of computing speed which can in turn increase traffic on the web and mobile portals.
- Large Community: Node.js is readily supported by an actively growing community. Owing to its popularity, it certainly has a large group of web developers who contribute to the constant improvement of the platform. Developers get access to a ton of ready-made solutions and codes in GitHub. The community is dynamically evolving and the members are giving in their best to provide proficient and reliable solutions.
- Reduced Response Time: The single-threaded event loop model of Node.js helps in easy handling of more concurrent user requests, without creating more threads and so employing fewer resources.
- Asynchronous Architecture: It offers a non-blocking asynchronous architecture that enables startups and enterprises to create real-time apps with enhanced performance and responsiveness.
- Rich Ecosystem: One of the major features that make Node.js a powerful platform is its rich library of modules. The availability of such ready-to-use tools is a significant boost for development performance.
- Long Term Support: After every major release of Node.js, it will be actively maintained for the next 18 months from the date it enters LTS (long term support). At this time there will be no new features merged to the existing version, whereas all the bug fixes and security updates will be taken care of by the team. Around 62% of developers consider long term support for the web app and Node.js is a great choice for the developers to maintain an application.
- Cost-Effective: Building web apps using Node.js does not require a huge investment. Research has shown that companies that elect to go for Node.js web app development utilize less computing power to host them.
- The Advantage of Caching: The open-source runtime atmosphere of Node.js provides the ability to cache single modules. Whenever there is any request for the first module, re-execution of the codes is not required as caching allows apps to load the web pages faster and respond more swiftly to the user.
- Offers the Liberty to Develop Apps: Using Node.js, developers are not restrained by any rules and guidelines and can begin everything from scratch while developing any application.
- Gels well with microservices: Interested in using a microservice-based architecture? Then it’s time to use Node.js for your business as this technology makes it easier for you to use micro-services for your projects. It plays a major role in supporting the serverless approach and therefore seems to be more effective in enterprise-grade projects.
- Highly Extensible: The Node.js is known to be highly extensible, which means that you can customize and further extend Node.js as per the specific requirements of the project.
- SEO Friendliness: SEO friendliness is an important feature for every business to survive in the digital world. If SEO is something you don't want to lose out on, then it's Node.js that must go into your app development tech stack. The backend rendering by Node.js increases engagement and visibility of a website that is essential to rank as per SEO prospects defined by Google.
Who works with Node Cases?
With incredible pace (almost 100% growth/year), Node.js has turned out to be a universal platform for web apps.
Here are some of the best examples of websites built with Node.js:
- Capital One
If you are looking for an intense platform to develop scalable, efficient, and faster web apps then Node.js may just be the best choice. Be it programming drones/robots, or building complex real-time web apps or developing an IoT-based system, you can get benefited from this tech stack. With the progress of time, more and more organizations have started adopting Node.js and have ended up with positive results.
Is Node.js the pick for your next web app project?
Being one of the leading Node.js development companies, NEOITO strives to convert business goals and values into amazing solutions using our innovative approaches & extensive industry knowledge.