Learning via mobile apps is not the future. It is the present. Byju’s-the learning app’s success in India has set a mark that has disrupted the entire educational system.
Apart from making an app that’s engaging and interactive, this elearning app focuses and assures a comprehensive standard of education with simplicity, ease and effectiveness.
Elearning mobile apps are the third most frequently installed apps on mobile phones and are expected to show significant growth in the next five years. According to statistics, the global market of elearning apps was $165.36 billion in 2016 and is expected to go beyond $243 by 2022.
BYJU’s is the world's most valuable ed-tech company with over 50 million registered students, 3.5 million paid subscribers and has more than $244 million funding. Launched in 2015, the BYJU'S app offers highly personalised and effective learning programs for classes 1 - 12 as well as test preps for competitive exams like JEE, IAS etc.
- Used across 1701 cities worldwide.
- Average time spent daily is 71 minutes.
- 3rd-most valued Indian startup at $8 billion.
- Witnessed 150 percent increase in the number of new students after March 2020.
Features of BYJU’S App
- Engaging video lessons
- Personalised learning journeys
- Adaptive & interactive tests
- Easy on the budget
- 24 × 7 access
- Engaging interactive questions
- Measurable results and reporting
- Convenient and flexible access
- Serves different learning styles
- Self-driven and self-paced
- Transparency to parents and teachers
- Learning journeys are mapped according to a student's grade & syllabus
Functionalities to be included in an E- Learning App Portal
Are you Thinking of Executing an Elearning App in the Market?
To start with, first, you need to understand the concept of Elearning and also know the factors that decide the app development costs.
The key factors that affect the cost of an elearning app like Byju’s are as follows:
1. Research and idea
When you have a product plan in mind, make sure you visualise the future of the end product in different dimensions like publicity, identity, multiplicity, communication, time, and price. You need to broadly understand what your product should be, like whether it’s an individual software product or broader educational system software. Either way, the concept has to be viable.
Performing significant research, brainstorming sessions, analyzing your niche and your target audience before getting into the next stage will help you stay ahead of market competition.
2. Find the Team
To develop an elearning mobile app, you would require the following set of professionals:
- UX/UI Designers
- Android/iOS Developers
- Back-end Developers
- QA Testers
- Project Manager
- Delivery Manager
If you don't want to opt for an all-in-one solution, the best option is to hire qualified developers or a team.
Read the blog to know how you can find app developers to develop your startup idea.
3. App Design
With the exploding popularity of elearning apps, eLearning services must keep their customers (students), engaged and a good UX design is at the forefront of that focus.
An interactive design on an easy-to-use interface is one of the major reasons behind the success story of the Byju's app. So, go with a decent design that can capture the audience’s interest with bite-sized elements. A good design needs more investment, but in the long run, it offers several benefits.
Here are 7 things you should remember while designing your product.
4. Mobile Platform (Android/iOS)
Determine which platform would work best based on your app idea and your target audience.
- How do you want people to access the content- smartphones or tablets?
- Android or iPhone?
Comparatively, cross-platform app development might be a better option because you need not worry about the diversity of the supporting devices, or the availability of ready-made solutions and UI frameworks.
Once the design is ready and the platform is decided, it’s time for the development process. The process starts with a conceptual phase followed by several stages of improvement, updates, testing, fixing of bugs, and additions of key functionalities.
6. Features and Functionality
Byju’s app consists of three different panels:
For each of these panels, you’d need to have a different set of features and functionalities depending on your app requirement.
- Student Panel: The most accessed panel that is designed for students. Student panel features of Byju’s app are as follow:
- Simple Registration
- Video, Text chatting
- Advanced Search Filter
- Selection of Subscription Plan
- Posting Questions
- Quizzes and Online Exams
- Download or Read online
- Detail Profile Creation
- Course Detail on Click
- Shipment Status
- Purchase History Dashboard
- Forgot Password
2. Teachers Panel: A panel for teachers to sign-in and navigate easily. Here are the main features:
- Register account
- View Questions and answer
- Console Statistics
- Account setting
- Detail Professional Profile
- Edit Account details
- Video and Text chatting
- Forgot Password
3. Admin Panel: A place to manage the users, the content etc. The main features of an admin panel are as follows: Badge Management
- Location Support
- Maintain the accounts
- User management
- Subjects Management
- Premium subscription control
- Transaction History
- Content and multiple filters
- Statistics & Ticketing
- Customer Complaint Management
- Discount and Promotional Offer Management
7. Technology Stack
An eLearning app like Byju’s will require various technology stacks to make the app functioning smoother and easier. For back-end & front-end development, there are several frameworks and programming languages that can be considered to make an app that works in both web and mobile platforms.
Here’s a quick sneak-peek of technologies used in the development of the eLearning app:
Cost of Developing an App like Byju’s
The average development cost of an app like Byju’s per hour differs from region to region.
- India – $18 to $60/hour
- USA – $150 to $ 250/hour
- Eastern Europe – $90 to $200/hour
Costs according to the processes involved are as follows:
- Technical documentation- 42- 50 hours (average cost of $850 to $1800)
- UI and UX design –70-80 hours (average cost $1,200 to $2,700)
- Front and Back-end development –450 hours (average cost of $8000- $18,000)
- Testing—80-85 hours (average cost of $1500 - $2800)
A reasonable app or a simple replica of Byju’s app with limited number features may cost up to $10,000 to $30,000 (if submitted to an Indian app development company) and the charges can extend up to $45,000 in case the app developed is feature-rich, complex and is driven by high-quality standards. The ultimate cost, however, may vary depending on the additional premium features.
Today, edtech platforms are waking up to a market that has accelerated so much to transform regular classes to digital platforms. Teachers are moving classrooms online and students are adapting the learning process via smartphones, tablets and computers.
By associating with the NeoITO, one of the leading Mobile and Web App Development Company in India, you can launch high-quality cross-platform mobile & web app solutions that make learning more engaging & addictive.
Along with ideation, development, and deployment, we make sure to provide comprehensive round-the-clock app support and maintenance services to our clients.
Our top-notch cross-platform app development services create robust, interactive apps with multi-platform based user-experience. As a top-rated app development company, our expertise on the latest technology & frameworks enables us to deliver fast, tailored and cost-effective cross-platform app solutions.
So, book a free consultation with us to elevate your business idea to the next level!