Every day a new idea becomes an app and enters the market. The mobile industry is alive and kicking, and the world is flourishing with mobile software development companies. Mobile app technology has taken a curvature that is beyond imagination, and apps are being developed for mobile devices like personal digital assistants, enterprise digital assistants, or mobile phones.
If we observe the trend, most of the software development companies are highly relying on app developers for outsourcing. For business leaders, entrepreneurs, and bootstrapped startups, mobile app outsourcing can cut costs, boost efficiencies, and create competitive advantages that increase profitability.
So, suppose you are considering outsourcing your mobile app development to any one of the top app development companies; you should know how they can benefit your business, in the long run, to make sure that your outsourced app project is successful.
Why outsource mobile app development?
Services for mobile app development are becoming increasingly crucial for thousands of businesses. By outsourcing mobile app development, you can decrease the time to market, reduce project costs, improve your product’s quality, and so on. The majority of the IT companies depend on a reliable iOS or Android development company for mobile app development at least once due to many advantages like:
• They have a talented team of developers: Talent is the main factor that drives any organisation. If you are in a location that is hard to find a skilled workforce, then outsourcing to a well-established mobile app development company is a realistic option for you. The companies looking for talent will go for outsourcing app development to achieve the best outputs.
• Saves cost and time: Outsourcing your mobile app development can reduce the overall cost incurrence to a great deal. It not only reduces your overhead cost but also helps you make significant savings on infrastructure and resources. For many budding startups, it costs a great deal to staff a permanent team of developers, manage them, coordinate them, maintain them, etc. For an experienced mobile app development company, the total time required to develop a mobile app is shallow because they are skilled at their job.
• Start building quickly: It can be a time-consuming process if you are trying to make yourself the idea, communication, assembling, and appointing developers, setting up the team, etc. However, outsourcing to experienced app developers can help start your app development as soon as possible.
• Impeccable security: It is important to safeguard your mobile app after development. Particularly if it is a business app, it is vulnerable to hacking, leading to loss of sensitive data and information. Here outsourcing to a mobile app development company can offer you the best methods to ensure your app security.
• Seamless team management: Outsourcing companies have state of the art infrastructure. Tools such as workflow management systems accelerate fast and timely delivery of work while following the deadlines. This helps them effortlessly manage the team and gives you a nice feel of business automation.
• Increased efficiency: An established mobile app development company has everything to develop and give you a smooth, high-end mobile app. The professional and dedicated team of developers deliver exceptional quality work to make sure that you get the best mobile app.
What is the difference between Outsourcing and In-house development?
When looking to develop a mobile app for your business, you can either outsource the development work or set up an in-house development team and manage the project yourself.
If you are considering in-house development, you have to hire a team of developers, designers, UI/UX specialists, and maybe a project manager. The project is coordinated in-house, so you should provide infrastructure, office space, and all the essential things that you should do for a normal employee. It has significant opportunities to collaborate, work together, and coordinate, but it has cons like the increased cost for managing, maintaining a team, etc.
On the other hand, outsourcing app development offers you many benefits, as mentioned before. The process is much less time-consuming than hiring an in-house development team. It is because you are handing over most of the control to one company. Instead of conducting interviews for different positions, you can choose one development company to develop your app. When it comes to outsourcing, you get the best and skilled-workforce to handle the job and can bring changes in the app mid-way through the development process without experiencing massive losses. Here you don’t have to worry about hiring app developers, teaming them up, assigning tasks, etc. You can save your valuable time and money and can concentrate on your core activities.
Before deciding whether to outsource or hire an app development team, it is crucial to find out what might be right for your company. It helps you to make the right decision that is good for your company.
Things you should know before outsourcing to any top app development companies
While outsourcing, you need to be clear about the following things to get the expected results.
• Be clear with your requirements: When you outsource your mobile app development, you should approach highly-skilled app developers and be clear with your requirements. Knowing what you want can help you communicate your requirements clearly to your developer. If you fail to communicate properly, chances are more that you end up with a product that doesn’t match your expectations or doesn’t perform well. It also wastes your precious time and money. Some requirements include:
• Who is your customer?
• The purpose of your app
• What is the standout feature of your app? etc.
• Communication is the key: The importance of communication is unavoidable, especially when it comes to outsourcing app development, it is very crucial. When you are looking for the right developer to hire, excellent communication skills and responsiveness should be your top consideration. If you and your developer follow better communication, you can maintain a smooth development process, clear up any confusion, and respond to each other on time.
At the same time, if you don’t communicate often, you might not always be on the same page as your developer, and this could lead to increased errors, revisions, costs, and conflicts. Always encourage a two-way conversation; it is much more effective than one-way communication and makes things much easier and better.
• Don’t be afraid to ask questions: You can ask your developer about anything and everything that makes you feel comfortable enough to work with them. You can see their portfolio and testimonials from previous clients and can ask about their work process. Hiring skilled app developers from an iOS or Android development company will be a good option, and you will have to ensure that they are open to communication and can clear your doubts properly.
• Get a project plan: There is no need to hesitate to ask your developer for a project plan before they get started if you are not providing them one yourself. A project plan helps for smooth-running for the development process and makes it easy to finish the project by breaking it down into smaller pieces. When it is divided into smaller pieces, you can complete a specific task before moving on to the next one. It helps minimize mistakes and missed steps.
So, you can request your developer a project plan before they get started, and you can tweak it with respect to your requirements and send it back.
• Be realistic in your expectations: Before you approach a leading mobile app development company, you need to set realistic expectations; so both you and your developer know what you are doing, the purpose of doing it, and when you are doing it.
Without clear expectations, ugly issues like confusion over payment terms, requirements, revisions, etc., can arise in the middle of your project. It can lead to a waste of money and your time. Before you begin, ensure you both decide on payment terms, deliverables, and your project’s time frame.
Contact us, let’s discuss your idea!
How to choose the best mobile app development company?
When selecting a company, base your decision on the below-mentioned criteria.
• Expertise: Factors like experience, skills, and knowledge determine the training level of developers and UI/UX designers. You have to analyze whether the developer’s team is ready to translate your idea into reality. You can look on LinkedIn and other sources to get acquainted with their professional experience and analyze the projects they have already implemented.
• Check out their portfolio: By checking out their portfolio you will be able to determine whether the company you are looking into is consistent with the type of work you want to do. A company’s portfolio must be worthy and prove the excellent reputation of the company. So, before they start building your app, you have to assess their previous work.
• Client reviews: The company you choose should be in a good position to readily share their previous client information with you. It helps you get a crystal clear picture of the clients’ experiences with the company.
• Technologies used: You have to decide the platform you need. i.e., whether you want to run your application to run on iOS or Android or on both platforms. After deciding that, you can approach any reliable app development companies to help you. If the mobile app you expect needs geolocation or VR/AR technologies, then ask the company about their experience with these technologies.
• In-time delivery: It is one of the must-follow rules on app-creation. The time your product is launched to the market should fit the market needs or else your application may miss its chance to achieve success. This is why time management is critical in the app development lifecycle.
• Development cost: While choosing any leading mobile app development company, you need to keep in mind your budget. However, the cost varies depending on the project, the complexity, the technology used, etc. Make sure that the app developers in the company are there to help you make the most of your idea and provide you the best possible app for your budget.
• Technical support and maintenance: Both technical support and maintenance services are key to any mobile app’s long-term success. If any issue arises when the app is live on Google Play or the App store, and the users report that, the development team should fix it to save your brand’s image in the market and offer a hassle-free experience to your customers. So, when you choose a mobile app development company, you need to get long-time maintenance and tech-support.
The right mobile app development company should be completely prepared to apply the experience they received from their previous projects. A positive and healthy relationship with an outsourcing company plays a crucial role in your success. A conflict-free atmosphere unites you with the development team and helps you set goals that are achieved faster, as each team member is motivated by one common idea.
There are top app development companies that you can rely on for your mobile app development. The essential things you have to consider while choosing the development team are their expertise, skills, history, and communication skills to make the right decision. Outsourcing to the right company can help you have the desired edge over competitors, cut down your costs, help you concentrate on your core activities and thus help you to make your project successful.
Trusting and understanding each other will help you identify problems on time and accelerate the acceptance of your idea by your development team. With years of experience in mobile app development, Neoito can do the needful for you. Our professional app developers have great technical knowledge and can translate your business idea into a successful mobile application. If you want to know more, we are here to help you.